Online talks from our resources page:
Videos, animations, TED and other talks worth watching:
- Prof. Hugh Montgomery on Climate Change and Health at the COP negotiations in Durban: http://youtu.be/nFKaH2vQAdw
- Sustainability in a nutshell (disclaimer: the narration is a bit annoying...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5NiTN0chj0
- 'Wake up, freak out, then get a grip' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T_3WJPYY9g
- Trailer for the Age of Stupid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZjsJdokC0s (you can get a free copy of this to screen to NHS audiences - see).
- Climate Code Green - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqMaDc4G_vs - a video made by Australian medical students (now slightly out-of-date) .
- Trailer for the film 'No Impact Man' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Ctt7FGFBo
- David MacKay (Chief Scientific Adviser to DECC)'s 'reality check' on renewables: http://www.ted.com/talks/david_mackay_a_reality_check_on_renewables.html
- Al Gore on climate trends (2009) http://www.ted.com/talks/al_gore_warns_on_latest_climate_trends.html
- Charles Moore on plastic pollution http://www.ted.com/talks/capt_charles_moore_on_the_seas_of_plastic.html
- Barton Seaver on the challenges of producing sustainable seafood http://www.ted.com/talks/barton_seaver_sustainable_seafood_let_s_get_smart.html
- 1 hour of talks and panel discussion from the BMJ's conference on the Health and Security Implications of Climate Change last year on the Health Impacts of Climate Change (see also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox6zbnsOWV8&feature=list_other&playnext=1&list=SP8FD86B993721B7F6 for other videos).
- A Google Talk on climate change and health by Prof Paul Epstein, one of the world's experts on the subject. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEhLVi9iveM